Welcome to the Homepage of The Washington Travel Clinic, the private practice of Ziad Akl, MD, FACP. Dr. Akl is a Board-Certified physician specialized in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine. The Washington Travel Clinic serves the DC metro area.
What makes your experience with us unique?
- Our charges are clearly listed in the Pricing section.
- We do our best to accommodate your schedule.
- Same-day appointments.
- Online appointment scheduling available. No holding on the phone.
- Conveniently located downtown right next to the Farragut metro stations.
- We are green and fully electronic.
- No paperwork. No questionnaires to fill out. No hassle.
- No need to bring a prescription with you.
- Dr. Akl personally answers the phone and will answer any questions prior to your visit. In addition, you can reach Dr. Akl easily by email.
- You are seen by a Board-Certified physician specializing in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine.
- We understand needle anxiety; that’s why you are seen in a soothing atmosphere.
- Dr. Akl personally administers the necessary vaccines during the same visit.
- In case of an emergency, you can reach Dr. Akl 24/7 by phone.
- If a consultation is needed after your trip because of illness, Dr. Akl is available to see you on short notice.
- The regular travel visit fee is valid for one year during which requests for prescription refills are discounted.
- Prescription refill requests are easily made online.
- You can connect to our guest Wi-Fi while you wait.
At The Washington Travel Clinic, we offer a variety of services:
- Advice, preventive care and immunizations to traveling individuals and families according to CDC recommendations.
- Vaccines for school, work and immigration purposes.
- Prescriptions for the prevention of Malaria, Altitude Illness, Motion Sickness and Travelers’ Diarrhea.
- Pre and post-travel physical exams and health certificates.
- Immigration physicals.
- TB testing.
- Consultation and care for patients with suspected infectious diseases or fever.
- Consultation for patients with mysterious illnesses.
- On-Site Flu Vaccine Clinics.
- Employee Physicals.
- Blood testing.
- Rapid malaria testing.
We are one of few centers authorized to provide the yellow fever vaccine, which we record on an International Certificate of Vaccination. The vaccines and services we offer are listed in the Topics section, and our cost structure and vaccine prices are clearly posted in the Pricing section.