Welcome to the Homepage of The Washington Travel Clinic, the private practice of Ziad Akl, MD. Dr. Akl is a physician specializing in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine. The Washington Travel Clinic serves the DC metro area and offers all travel vaccines.
What makes your experience with us unique?
- Our charges are listed in the Pricing section.
- We do our best to accommodate your schedule.
- Same-day appointments.
- Online appointment scheduling is available. No holding on the phone.
- Conveniently located downtown right next to the Farragut metro stations.
- We are green and fully electronic.
- No paperwork or questionnaires to fill out and no need to bring a prescription with you.
- We will answer any questions before your visit. In addition, you can reach us easily by email.
- We administer the necessary vaccines during the same visit.
- We understand needle anxiety; that’s why you are seen in a soothing atmosphere.
- If you need a consultation after your trip because of illness, Dr. Akl, who specializes in Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine is available to see you on short notice.
- The regular travel visit fee is valid for one year during which requests for prescription refills are discounted.
- Prescription refill requests can be easily made online.
- You can connect to our guest Wi-Fi while you wait.
- COVID-19 Testing.
- Advice, preventive care, and immunizations to traveling individuals and families according to CDC recommendations.
- Vaccines for school, work, and immigration purposes.
- Prescriptions for the prevention of Malaria, Altitude Illness, Motion Sickness, and Travelers’ Diarrhea.
- Pre and post-travel physical exams and health certificates.
- Malaria testing.
- Consultation and care for patients with suspected infectious diseases or fever.
- Consultation for patients with mysterious illnesses.
- Employee Physicals.
- Blood testing.
We are one of few centers authorized to provide the yellow fever vaccine, which we record on an International Certificate of Vaccination.